Just 45 minutes by ferry from Caribou, Nova Scotia lies one of the East Coast's most spectacular hidden gems. Pictou Island has always been here.
Now we have a room for you!
Pictou Island Wooden Tents - camping simplified.
Scroll down to join our email list!
Our wooden tents are eight feet square and eight feet high. Inside each tent are two 30" x 80" mattresses and a small table.
Guests are encouraged to bring a sleeping bag and pillow but bedding is available for $10 per person per night.
Join the Wooden Tents email list:
Each campsite has its own mini picnic table, two chairs, a solar light, and a container that includes:
- Two plates, bowls, small plates, knives, forks, and spoons
- Two glasses, 2 mugs, and one paring knife
- A wash basin, wash cloth, and a dish towel
- A "Bodum" coffee pot
The shared amenities
The cookhouse is an open sided pavilion with counter space, a gravity fed sink, cleaning supplies, two barbecues, and cooking utensils including:
- Pots and pans, mixing bowls, can opener, strainer
- Large spoons, flippers, and barbecue tools
- Carving knives, potato peeler